My favorite photo

My favorite photo
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beyond Method # 7 (Next Gen Presentations)

This is the URL to my presentation in Prezi. Hope it works
http://prezi.com/ynuna_enswbx/beyond-2-step/

I have used online presentation once in a while with Google Docs for my class, but not for my job. For this method, as recommended, I chose a different tool that I have never tried before : Prezi and created my Prezi by using the sample fake presentation provided. It took me a while to figure out how to make it though they have instruction. It seems not as easy as they show. I was very interested to see that I did it at last, but still I need to spend more time if I would like to create a very good online presentation as those in the popular Prezi.

There is no doubt that online presentation tools bring a lot of advantages and interest for users of all fields. Library is not the exeception. I think online presentation can be of great support in teaching library skills, in giving tutorials on how to renew books online at home, on how to access the school database at home....

If a patron came in to our library asking for recommendations on presentation tools that are freely available online, of course, we would be able to provide them with the websites, but further than that if they need help on how to use those tools our school has an open lab with lab assistants to assist them.

No comments:

Post a Comment